GAME DESIGN COMPETITION AT BGCON 2023
BGCON 2023 will feature a board game design competition. The prizes are offered by Ludicus Games and consist of shopping vouchers on the Ludicus.ro website and the possibility of publishing games entered in this competition.
Contest theme and what games are we looking for?
We are looking for board games, from the “party game” category with simple and/or fast-paced mechanics, with a combination of a large number of actions (fast paced games), such as drawing, miming, betting and judging. Games that encourage social interaction, which generally have easy setups and simple rules, and can accommodate large groups of people and can be played in a short amount of time.
Recommended age: 8+
Game duration: max 60 min
Number of players: 2+ players
What components can the game contain?
The game may contain cards, hourglass, dice, cardboard elements, pencils/markers. There are no restrictions on the number or type of components used. The game can contain any of the elements listed above and it must have tangible components, but it can additionally use a digital app.
How and until you can apply?
Participants must register by October 5, 2023 at the latest via an email to email@example.com, accompanied by a pdf file with the Romanian board game rules and then send the game prototype by October 10, 2023 ( with the printed rulebook) to the contest organizers. The board game must be playable with the components and based on the rulebook submitted.
The prototypes together with the printed rulebook can be sent to this address:
Asociația Culturală Zilele Jocurilor
street Recoltei no. 22, Târgu Mureș, România
postal code: 540241
phone: +40 723 541 206
– By participating in this contest, designers guarantee that they are presenting their own work. Only unique works that have not yet been published, marketed or released by others are eligible.
– The date when the original idea of the game appeared is not relevant.
– The organizers and the jury will not to publish or use in any way the entered works until the competition’s winners are announced during BGCON, and all subsequent rights of use remain in the possession of the authors/designers.
About the jury:
The winners will be chosen by a jury appointed by the BGCON organizers together with Ludicus Games.
Ludicus Games SRL is a company with 100% Romanian capital, specialized in the production, localization and distribution of toys and board games. They are sole importers and representatives for over 1200 products.
They have regional and worldwide licenses such as: Memorace, Travelin, Six Making, Hack Trick, Verona Twist, etc. For 10 years they have been attending international board game & toys fairs and events (Essen Spiele, Spielwarenmesse Nuremberg), where they exhibit their own products and novelties.
What are the evaluation criteria?
The jury that will test the board games will focus on uniqueness, novelty and game feeling. The prototype and design of the game need not be final.
What are the prizes?
GRAND PRIZE: A contract with Ludicus Games to publish the board game, under market conditions. Organizers reserve the right not to select a grand prize winner if there is no game eligible for publication.
• First place will receive a voucher worth 500 lei, which can be used to buy any product available on the Ludicus.ro website.
• Second place will receive a voucher worth 300 lei, which can be used to buy any product available on the Ludicus.ro website.
• The third place will receive a voucher worth 200 lei, which can be used to buy any product available on the Ludicus.ro website
Good luck in the competition!